Saturday, June 6, 2009

Strawberry Picking, Take 2

Last Saturday morning Faris, Luke and I went to run a few errands.
On the way I suggested we try and find the local pick your own strawberry farm I’d seen the homemade sign for that week but had been unable to locate.
Fresh strawberries?
Faris was game and quickly made a right turn in search of the farm.
We found it.
We picked.
We said hello to hens and roosters.
We learned.
Specifically, I learned I can come back and pick my own blackberries, peas, onions, tomatoes and carrots.
I can’t wait!
Since we were originally on our way to Wal-Mart we didn’t have our camera.
Faris took a few pictures with his cell phone.





Oh, and since we were on our way to Wal-Mart I had on my brand new summer shoes.
My new Cole Haan Nike Air shoes.
Don’t you love them?



Perfect for a pregnant woman.
Not perfect for strawberry picking.
Deer poo was not my friend.
Two strawberry picking fields and two bad shoe choices.
Oh, well.
At least my feet looked good.

No comments: