Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mississippi

After our Memphis visit Luke and I
made our way to Mississippi to see my Mom’s family.
Our Mississippi visit included three main parts: family, food, and pool time.
It also included a heat wave and a ridiculous amount of bugs.
I’m talking 107 degrees Mississippi hot and 6,834 bugs per person.

SaSa, Luke, and Lindy















SaSa, Luke, and Camille















About that food…
My grandmother, SaSa, made a totally awesome dinner on Monday.
I think she cooked all day and it oozed Southern goodness.
Somebody counted and there was something like 3 main dishes and 15 or so side dishes.
It was food fabulous.

SaSa cooking one of my Southern favorites, fried okra.


























We were grateful for my Aunt Genia’s pool given the brutal heat.















Papa Joe and my Aunt Diane watching the fun.















Hayden played so kindly with Luke.



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Camille

Hayden really enjoyed playing with Luke. We just wished we could have spent more time with yall.

Angelia