Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Update #81562093

I either have a cold or my allergies are back. From the feel of things I think my allergies are back. They went away during the years I lived in a city. Just another good reason to flee the middleofnowhere. All that to say I haven’t been feeling all that well the last few days but that didn’t stop our weekend activities.

By 8:40am on Saturday I had done the following:
1. Made buckwheat pancakes for F & L.
2. Made Saturday night dinner.
And I stood in awe of my awsomeness for having all that done!

Buckwheat pancakes. Sorry about that little L and my onetruelove. Next time I’ll make regular pancakes. I don’t eat pancakes so how I was supposed to know buckwheat pancakes would taste like that?

For Saturday dinner I made Roasted Shrimp and Orzo, courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa. Delicious summer meal. Lots of chopping but worth it especially since you can make it ahead.

We visited Faris’ family on Saturday afternoon. Nader and Carolyn are back from their London excursion and it was nice to hear their tales. Serious Saturday afternoon storms brought hail and a power outage at my in-laws. Am thinking the British Tea they brought back might aid my stuffiness?!

Afternoon lunch by candle light.










Father & Son enjoying the summer storm.










Sunday we visited Joe and Linda’s where Saladpalozza* is in full effect. I love Saladpalozza. It is SO fun.










*Saladpalozza: Linda makes at least one new salad at our family meal. And the salad doesn’t have to be green. This week was a curry rice salad with artichokes, olives and other fun stuff and some sort of cool whip concoction that was loved by the people who eat cool whip products. The sad thing about Saladpalozza is that you may never see a favorite salad on the table again. There are hardly any repeats…unless you b e g.

No comments: