During our trip:
1. I learned the word vacation does not apply to moms.
2. I realized that my home is anywhere my husband and son are, even a hotel room.
3. Lancaster is a great weekend jaunt. I’m wondering why I’ve never been there before.
4. I want to move to Strasburg, PA. Based on looks alone. (assuming Manhattan & Washington fall through)
5. I had a life changing experience with a slice of pie.
We visited this bakery.
And had this strawberry pie (the shoefly pie is a Faris treat).
It c h a n g e d my life.
That slice of pie was the most delicious, unbelievable non-chocolate dessert of all time.
I promise it was that good.
I was so out of sorts about it that I didn’t march back in and buy an entire pie to share with my in-laws who were arriving that night. We went back on Saturday and they had sold out. I was reasonably devastated.
More on strawberry pie later.
Has anybody noticed that Faris and I both have on purple shirts? We didn’t plan that and when I insisted he change shirts he refused because he thought it was great. He was visibly excited about it. Because I love him I happily walked around looking uber dorky with my onetruelove.
Our weekend trip to Lancaster was for the annual May Camp sponsored by the church Faris grew up in. I’ve heard about this camp for years and this was my first time attending. It was amazing. I especially enjoyed the lecture by the man who was a Muslim but is now a born again Christian living in the Middle East. He is rich with the Spirit in the face of life threatening danger. It was humbling to listen to him.