Thursday, February 12, 2009

Notes from the Grocery Store

I just smiled and thanked Luke for being so friendly…
when he said hello to e v e r y s i n g l e person lucky enough to be roaming the aisles with us,
a minimum of three times per person.
Oh, and at the top of his lungs.
Our sweet friend at the deli counter said she heard us coming.

The Granny Smith Apples and the Meyer Lemons left me breathless today.
That crisp shade of green!
That warm shade of yellow!
Was there special lighting at Whole Foods today?
I bought Granny Smith Apples and have clustered them together in a dark blue bowl.
I didn’t buy the lemons. I wish I did.

So now my four favorite colors:
1. Purple, as in eggplant purple.
2. Orange, as in Tennessee orange.
3. Green, as in Granny Smith Apple green.
4. Yellow, as in Meyer Lemon yellow only.

No comments: