Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Express Yourself

Wandering around a craft store
gathering supplies for Halloween costumes
I stopped to get my bearings in the
the unfamiliar territory.
Where in the world would spray glue be?
Where is the spray paint?
(ohmygoodness, did you know they have glitter spray paint?)
And then Nolan started grooving to Express Yourself by
the one and only Madonna and so of course I had to
break out a little groove too.
For a brief moment I forgot myself right
in an aisle of a craft store, dancing with your
child to a song that belongs to your generation
can cause a woman to forget herself.
The song ended.
Nolan asked for more.
And that is when I saw the old man at the end
of the aisle staring at us.
Exactly how long was he watching?
I have no idea.
And frankly I don’t care,
it was an awesome moment with my youngest son.

1 comment:

camille said...

Love, love, love it!!