Wednesday, June 22, 2011

V.3

But as I ran my hell-bound race,
indifferent to the cost,
you looked upon my helpless state
and led me to the cross.
And I beheld God’s love displayed,
you suffered in my place.
You bore the wrath reserved for me,
now all I know is grace.
Hallelujah!
All I have is Christ.
Hallelujah!
Jesus is my life.

Verse three of All I have is Christ,
a hymn from church a few weeks ago.
I can’t shake verse three. I keep thinking about it.
Actually, specifically I cannot stop thinking about
the first eight words…
but as I ran my hell-bound race…
maybe because I’m the mother of young children
and everything during the days
seems like a race.
But life as a race?
A hell-bound race?
Apart from the cross
I guess so.

My oldest is waking.
Let the race begin?!?
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: