Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Once again we made our way to Pennsylvania for Faris’ childhood church’s annual conference. It was as much fun as I remember it being. My pictures are going to make you think the weekend was all about food, it wasn’t. There was an actual conference and we did actually attend. But I have no pictures. Who takes pictures while you are listening to teaching of the Word?

Here is some of what we did.
We stopped at Cracker Barrel on our way to our destination.
Yum!















Luke enjoyed his first Cracker Barrel lunch plus a few other Cracker Barrel bonuses.

















In the Cracker Barrel candy store I picked up two little jewels.
My current mini-obsession: Jelly Belly Sours.
And this new to me item: Tootsie Pop Drops.
Think tootsie roll pop without the stick.
They are magnificent.






When we arrived in Lancaster we went directly to the town of Bird in Hand for their strawberry pie.
I’d been looking forward to this since last year.
It was a good as we remembered.
















Faris, Luke and I left the conference early but not before we went to Friendly’s Restaurant.
Faris’ family always ate there when he was little.
It must have been neat for Faris to take his son.





















P.S. A difference between last year and this year: Luke’s food. I hauled Luke’s frozen organic homemade food from our home to our hotel. The hotel had to keep it in their freezer for us. I also hauled up my own ceramic bowls. You didn’t think I would serve the homemade organic food I hauled in plastic bowls I microwaved, did you? In reflection, I do not think myself crazy or obsessive. I think I’m a woman of conviction. I said only organic food for Luke’s first year and I meant it, even if I had to haul it to another state.

1 comment:

camille said...

so, I'm confused. Does Cracker Barrel now serve organic food?? :-)